There are many reasons why it is important to keep a record of the mileage of your vehicle. By knowing the mileage of your vehicle, you can be sure that you are compliant with all of the regulations governing vehicle ownership in the United States.
What is a Mileage Logbook?
A mileage logbook is a book or electronic device used to record the mileage of a vehicle. The book may be filled out by the driver, or it may be automatically filled out by the vehicle’s computer.
Mileage logs can be useful for several purposes. They can be used to document the mileage of a vehicle, and for tracking mileage for taxes.
A simple mileage log can also be used to identify trends in the vehicle’s use. This information can be useful for decisions about how to use the vehicle, and for planning future trips.
Some vehicles have built-in mileage logs. Other vehicles require the use of a vehicle mileage logbook. The mileage app to maintain logs can be purchased commercially or created using a piece of software.
Printable vs Digital Mileage Logbook
If you’re like most people, you’re probably familiar with the traditional paper mileage logbook. This type of logbook is used to document your driving miles and to keep track of your overall driving record.
However, there are a few downsides to using a paper mileage logbook.
- First, you have to carry it with you wherever you go.
- Second, it can be difficult to track your progress over time because the logbook is just a bunch of paper.
Nowadays, there’s a better option available to you: a digital mileage logbook. With an automatic mileage logbook app like MileageWise, you can keep track of your driving miles and progress online.
Mileage Logbook Apps
So why use a digital logbook over a paper logbook?
- Digital logbooks are more convenient. You don’t have to carry a bunch of paper with you, and you can access your logbook from any computer or mobile device.
- A digital mileage logbook for taxes is more accurate. With a paper mileage logbook, it can be difficult to track your progress over time because the logbook is just a bunch of paper. With a digital logbook, however, your driving record is always accurate.
- Tracking mileage for taxes maintains an IRS-approved mileage log, so the mileage logging is highly accurate and safe. With a paper mileage logbook, there’s a risk that your logbook could get lost or stolen. With the best mileage log book apps, however, your driving record is always safe and secure for a mileage tax deduction.
To maintain a mileage logbook for taxes, MileageWise offers this 3+1 automatic trip tracking modes: vehicle movement monitoring, Car Bluetooth tracking, and Plug’N’Go phone charge tracking.
This way, you can always be sure that your trips are being tracked and recorded, even if you’re not on the road. And if you ever need to review your trip logs or make a copy for your records, the software offers manual recording as well.
If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot of travel-related memories buried in your past. That’s where MileageWise’s mileage reconstruction technology comes in.
By using your past journeys and the locations of your clients, the mileage tracker app will help you reconstruct your past business mileage and figure out exactly how much you could have saved on taxes as a result.
Though MileageWise is new to the mileage tracking market, it has unique features that even bigger apps don’t have. You can download the app here.